Saturday, June 28, 2008

June Color Challenge

My friend Tessa & I swapped color challenges this month. The rules are simple. We pick a picture for inspiration, choose the Stampin' Up colors that best match the picture, and make 1 scrapbook page and 1 card. From this picture (I love Pottery Barn), I challenged her to use Whisper White, Basic Black, and Not Quite Navy:

Here is what I came up with for my card:

Stamps: Victorian Lace background (retired), For a Friend
Paper: Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Basic Black

Ink: Not Quite Navy

Accessories: Making Memories round crystal brads in blue



And this is my scrapbook page, which you may have already seen in a previous post from the kindergarten scrapbook:

I used the same paper as the card. I stamped white pigment ink on the black paper with Background Basics spiral stamp and then cut "Avery" on my Cricut using the Plantin Schoolbook font. I used SU! chipboard for the stars and Making Memories photo corners between the stars. The letter brads are Joann Craft Essentials I believe.

Now, on to what Tessa challenged me to do. She really took the word "challenge" to heart by choosing 6 colors! Chocolate Chip, Pumpkin Pie, Going Gray, Tempting Turquoise, Bashful Blue, and Whisper White. Yeah, it really was challenging, these colors really aren't my forte.

So, here are my attempts:



Phew, that's over and done with!

1 comment:

Marie said...

Nicole, they are great!!! I love your cards and pages! Mojo, ha!! I think you've got it!

I am having a hard time with my own challenge... I haven't done a page yet! I will be attempting it today!