Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Crafts Have Come a Long Way!

In 1996, I started scrapbooking. My friend Tamara became a Creative Memories consultant and invited me to one of her workshops. Wow, it was awesome and I was totally hooked! I bought the biggest kit she had, which included a scrapbook, refill pages, page protectors, 5 pens, a pack of stickers, 4 shape templates, 10 diecuts, some adhesive squares, and 2 decorative scissors. I started looking at craft stores for other products as well, but pretty much found the same things I already had in the 1 aisle they had devoted to scrapbook and stamp products. Within a couple of years, I started to see whole stores in my area devoted to scrapbooking! Even so, they still had pretty much the same things, just different stickers, diecuts, templates, and scissors. I took a break from scrapbooking for awhile and was amazed when I decided to get back into it in 2000. There were trimmers, circle cutters, and a bunch of other things I hadn't yet seen! I was hooked again! That was a short period though because in 2002, I had my first kid. I had pre-scrapped a few pages for a baby book and got those done, but to this day, he still only has half a baby book! Of course my craft room became his room and had to be moved to a large deep closet above the stairs where I could never get at anything conveniently when I had a few spare moments. My second son arrived in 2003 putting all that on the backburner. When my third son arrived in 2004, I had pretty much abandoned any thought of scrapbooking altogether. Now that I think I can start to get back into it, I can't believe all the new stuff out there! Affordable personal die-cut machines, eyelets, brads, paints, chipboard stuff, embellishments galore! I can't believe it!!! I can't wait to get back into it!!!

No comments: